Saturday, October 30, 2010

Saturday Junkin' & Goodwill Tuesday!

 I spent last Saturday with my mom going to yardsales, and ran to goodwill on Tuesday during my lunch break!  Here are the great deals I found!
At a junkin' store, I snagged a pair of oil lamps for $5!  I placed one with my collection on the fireplace and the other as the centerpiece on my NEW TABLE!  I found it at an antique store for under $100!  It looks like it is an old card table.  I found the pottery at goodwill - $5 a piece.  Not too bad.  I've seen the one on the left in a few antique stores for a lot more than what I spent.
 I thought this was a cool little piece to sit on the stove - a quarter!
 I snagged this cute American flag baskets at goodwill for $2!  They are sitting on top of my kitchen cabinets.

The cookie jar is a goodwill find (my mom use to have a whole collection of dishes in this pattern) and the jar of clothespin is another find from the junkin' store.
This picture is what I'm most proud of. I only spent A QUARTER!  It has an orange spot on the painting.  I thought about dabbing it with water to see if it comes off, but I don't want to ruin the painting.  Any suggestions?
Here's a snapshot of my "dining room".  The chairs at the table were a dumpster find by a friend.  The ones in the corner are a bit too low for the table - but together I only spent $10 on them.  The red basket and painting in the chair are both goodwill finds.  I love being cheap!


1 comment:

  1. looking good, isn't it fun to put together a room using ingenuity instead of cash

    ReplyDelete