Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Exciting News!

So, the news I have to share is....

I'M ENGAGED!

I have been with my fiance for 7 years - since the beginning of our junior year in high school!  He is my best friend and makes me laugh like no one else can. 


The story?

We'll I did have some idea it was coming...I had actually been waiting on it for more than a year!  The day started like normal, but I began to wonder when he got a suspicious phone call that afternoon.  He answered the phone and started acting really sketchy - telling the person he hadn't gotten around to "something" yet.  I asked him about it and he blew it off as a colleague.  I asked him about lying later and if he was really good at it on the spot - he, of course, is.  So after, that I knew SOMETHING had to be up.

That evening we went snowboarding - my first time!  I managed to make it down the will 4 times in 5 hours, a world record I believe.  Sometime that evening he asked me to take a break and sit with him for a few minutes.  That's when he really started acting weird.  Instead of being his normal chatty self, he barely talked to me at all...and just gave me a one word response when I asked a questions.  But, nothing happened - he eventually wanted to get up and go snowboarding again.

Well, after snowboarding we went to grab some fast food and took a friend home.  We pulled into the parking lot and he walked around to my door.  I handed him the drinks - he sat them on top of the car.  I grabbed the food - he took it away from me.  I stood up - he said "Katie, something is about to happen." Talk about being confused!  After I asked what, he bent down on his knee and started his speech...which honestly, I really don't remember - I was just so happy.  It was a beautiful night in our college town - a place that built both of us, helped us grow together, tore us apart - a town that means so much to both of us.

He told me later that I was so close to spoiling this day.  I grabbed his jacket a few times to find keys or something and the ring had been in his pocket all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment